Thursday 21 June 2012

Asia In Transit

Saigon is like no place else I've never visited, you can walk past a beautiful grand building and right next to it there is a slum.
There are very few beggars despite such a high rate of poverty and everyone shows great pride in what ever they do, even if it's garbage collecting.
Nick and I found ourselves on the same street as garbage collection last night, and I have never smelt anything so horrible in my life. Other than the occasional bad smell this place is amazing and full of wonderful kind people.
Everything here is done to the highest possible standard, and then somehow beyond that. Nick and I went out for a buffet breakfast this morning and every kind of food you could possibly want was there, even if it wasn't a breakfast food. I can't get over how much variety there was!

So some photos, I've only got a few that I took on my phone whilst in transit, but I'll be putting up more tomorrow before we head off to Hoi An.




And now it's about time I went for a swim and a cocktail (which are amazing by the way)

I'll do another post tonight with more photos before bed

1. Changi airport rest lounge
2. Vietnam rice paddy from the air
3. Vietnam country side from the air
4. Saigon river

Hayley Jane
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment