Thursday 21 June 2012

Last Night In Saigon

Last night after 12 hours of travel, Nick and I finally settled in to our hotel room in Saigon, but no quicker had we arrived than we went straight back out again.

I think I actually tasted the most amazing food of my life last night.





1. Complimentary Fruit
There's complimentary fruit everywhere in the hotel, and it's fresh and the sweetest fruit I've ever tasted.

2. Vietnamese Tasting Plate
We went to a restaurant and ordered what we thought was going to be some pretty good Vietnamese traditional food, but this was amazing! I have no idea what was in any of these dishes, but we didn't really care. It was the most delicious food I've ever had, and we're thinking it wouldn't make sense to not go back there again tonight.

3. Fresh Coconut Juice
Coconuts are everywhere and they're cheap. I usually spend a fortune on coconut water back home. So pretty sure I'm in heaven here.

4. Saigon Opera House
An iconic building in Saigon, it's lit up beautifully at night.

5. Streets in Saigon
Every street is crowded like this one, and everyone rides a scooter. When you see the locals crossing the road, they don't even look, they just stroll across and the massive herds of scooters coming from every direction somehow manage to all dodge pedestrians whilst not hitting one another.
I'm not that game though, I'll keep looking both way and wait for a tiny gap in traffic to sprint through.

Well that was my nigh last night.
More fun to be had on this day!

Hayley Jane
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment