Monday 23 July 2012

Ko Samui, You Are Wonderful.

We were blown away with the beauty of this place.
The island boasts a thriving tourism industry, which has resulted in a higher standard of living in comparison to the rest of Thailand. Street vendors and store owners don't bother shoppers and you are left to browse without the pressures we found in every other place we visited.

We hired a taxi driver for the day, which cost around $50AUD for four of us.
Our driver drove us all around the island taking us to temples, beaches, shopping hot spots, and other tourist attractions. The weather was amazing, and I got some photos I was really happy with.

Ko Samui is definitely on my list of places I must visit again.









1. Hindu Statue.

2. Temple complex

3. Temple

4. Buddha Statue

5. Ocean view.
The water everywhere was crystal clear. We only had one day there and didn't pack bathers. Fail.

6. Nick and I taking in some good viewing times

7. Nick with a monkey.
I decided not to have a photo with a monkey. Moments earlier, I had approached one of these "tame and trained" monkeys and I guess it felt threatened. It bared teeth and ran at me full speed, luckily it's leash was not quite long enough to allow it to reach me, but it was still long enough to scare me away from ever getting anywhere near a monkey ever again.

8. mummified monk.
This monk was never embalmed. Something must have happened that stopped him from decomposing. He was apparently found like this so they gave him some badass sunglasses and put him on display.


Hayley Jane
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment