Tuesday 11 September 2012

The First Day Back In The Big City

So I finally made it back to New York, and much faster than anticipated

When I visited New York for the first time in February of 2011, I promised myself I would return soon, and many times. I don't think I will ever be able to say "I've had enough of New York". It's such an amazing place to be, it's always bustling, there's always amazing things to do and see, and I don't know all this talk about New Yorkers being rude. Every single person I met was amazing, and so polite and helpful.

If I had to find something negative to say about the city it would be the smells, but everything else in this town more than makes up for it.

Our first day in New York was more of just a wonder around the street and fringe festival venues. We did a lot of walking over all on the trip. I think that's what stopped me from putting on weight because I ate about four times what I usually do back home.








1. Mulberry Street - If you walked out of our apartment at 11pm on a weeknight, this is what you emerged into.

2. Somewhere around SoHo - I have a lot of photos looking up at buildings, which may seems boring, but when I looked back over my photos it really wasn't. There's just so much amazing architecture in New York. No matter which direction you're looking, it's never a boring view.

3. Empire State Building from 230 on Fifth - We frequented this New York bar several times throughout our trip, and I think you can see why.

4. Broadway SoHo

5. Mulberry Street Little Italy - On the weekend, our street was transformed into a vibrant market place. The streets were closed off to traffic, and restaurant tables and market stalls took over the streets. It was like this every week from Friday afternoon to late Sunday night.

6. East Village

7. Chelsea - Chelsea is definitely my favourite suburb in New York. Later on in the trip we spent much more time there, so there will be more images of Chelsea soon!


More pics soon!

Hayley Jane
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment