Thursday 6 September 2012

New York On Instagram

As some of you may know, I recently went to New York to play at The New York Fringe Festival, in the original song cycle production City Of Shadows.

I had such an amazing time, and now it's official:
I have performed in an off-Broadway show!

Just a few pics off the Instagram.
More pics coming soon!












1. Mulberry Street - This street was my home for two weeks, every weekend they closed it off to traffic, and it filled with markets, people, and lots of awesome food!

2. Empire State Building - We found this great rooftop bar that overlooked the Empire State building and though drinks were expensive, we returned there several times.

3. Cheesey Pizza - Even though it now has a B grade health rating, it was still worth travelling all the way up-town to enjoy my favourite New York slice. If you ever go to New York, I'm telling you, it's the best greasy New York slice you'll find anywhere. It's on 100th and Broadway on the upper West Side. You can get the 1 train there.

4. Central Park - Unfortunately we didn't have time to go bike riding around central park like we wanted to, but we did get in five minutes of chill time.

5. Empire State Building by night - Yep it's the same roof top bar.

6. Rooftop bar .... again. It's a pretty awesome joint. It's called 230 something-a-rather. Anyway you should definitely look it up, apparently it's open all year round and has excellent heating during the winter months.

7. Coney Island - We had a day off and hit Coney Island for rides, fairy floss and Corn Dogs! (which are awesome by the way)

8. The Cyclone at Coney Island - I wasn't game enough to go on this rickety old thing!

9. Coney Island Board Walk - I enjoyed my first second and third ever corn dog here.

10. Seventh Avenue (I think) I just saw this building on our last day there, and thought it made a cool photo.




More updates to come! I promise I'll stop being so slack!

Thanks for reading

Hayley Jane
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment