Friday 27 July 2012

STUNT HANDS: An On Camera Experience

Having arrived home from travels, there was no time to catch my breath before it was back into the fun stuff.

I was hired as, and this is the technical term, "Stunt Hands" to play violin in the short film Inner Quality
I appear in the film twice, but it's mostly close ups of only my hands that appear.
I also managed to sneak in as an extra. I actually appear twice in the same scene as two different people.

Wild.

The make-up artist responsible for the make up on my hands (yep they did makeup on my hands, it was also wild) was awesome enough to take some photos while I was being filmed.
I had my lame "Can you please take photos of me doing cool stuff?" dork moment, but she was super nice about it.






 1. Camera.

2. On set with the two leads being filmed

3. Sussing out some camera/violin angles
There was also another camera in front. It's super weird having so much attention focused on you at one time. I mean sure there's performing on stage, but for some reason I found this a million times more daunting. I would never make a good front-lady for a band...

4. View from behind the camera.
It was amazing to learn just how much input from how many people goes into one shot, or changing the angle of the camera, or the lighting, or getting everyone to shut up on set.
The answer is a lot of people.

5. Reflective screen thingy.
I have no idea what this actually did other than make my eyes go all funny when I looked directly at it. But the guy holding it was really nice, I learnt all about the film terms from this guy and another dude. Everyone was really friendly. I always thought the film industry was a tough business, but I thought it was pretty damn pleasant. 

Pretty fun experience.
Now I wait for the premiere and soon my hands will be super duper famous.
Obviously.


Hayley Jane
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment